LEGAL DISCLAIMERS AND GENERAL CONDITIONS
These are very important. Please read them carefully and be sure that you understand them before making any initial contact.
- I reserve the right to decline representation of any person or matter and for any reason.
- All representation by me is subject to, and controlled by, the terms and conditions of a written legal representation agreement signed by the attorney and the clients.
- No representation will be started unless and until an appropriate written employment agreement has been signed by all parties.
- I have no obligation to work on, nor to preserve documents or evidence in, nor investigate any matter where I have not already agreed in writing to represent you.
- Office hours are by appointment. Initial contacts by cell phone are preferred. Evening contacts by cell phone until 9:00pm are OK.
- Free initial consultation is provided only for injury and accident cases.
- I can only give legal advice to established clients but I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your legal matters.
- Initial contact does not result in the establishment of an attorney-client representation and does not bind the attorney in any way unless and until the mandatory attorney-client representation agreement is signed by everyone.
- Here are links to my general forms of agreement for various fee arrangements, including contingent fee, flat fee, and hourly rate fee cases. These agreements are posted here solely as a general indication of how different types of cases and fees would be handled and billed and the sample forms are not binding. The client and I first must discuss and negotiate the specific attorney fee and out of pocket cost arrangements for each case, based upon the specifics of each case.
- Here are the links to general fee agreement forms:
Contingent fee general form of agreement – no property damage claim.pdf
Flat fee general form of agreement.pdf
Hourly rate general form of agreement.pdf
- Important: To avoid potential conflicts of interest, please include in your initial contact the complete names of all potentially involved parties on all sides of any dispute or matter.
- Do not send any confidential information unless and until the attorney-client representation agreement required by Alaska legal ethics rules has been signed by everyone.
- As a service to our community and businesses, I have researched and posted an extensive series of web links to legal, governmental, business and community resources. These can be accessed by clicking the “Community and Legal Links” tab. Although these are mostly governmental web sites, I cannot independently verify whether the information posted on these is accurate complete, and current.
- Solely as a public service, I have listed on the photography page some of my articles and some photography web links that I have found useful but I cannot verify that the data is accurate and I do not endorse any vendors or products.
We reserve the right to decline representation of any person or matter for any reason.